GTA

2 new COVID-19 cases announced in Ontario, bringing provincial number to 37

Two new COVID-19 cases were announced in Ontario on Tuesday — one in Toronto and the other in Sudbury — bringing the provincial total to 37.

The new patient in Toronto is a man in his 40s who had travelled to Switzerland.

The province says he presented to St. Joseph’s Health Centre and is now in self-isolation, with Toronto Public Health monitoring his condition.

Officials have not said when the man returned to Canada or when he began experiencing symptoms.

Man in Sudbury had been at Toronto convention

Meantime in Sudbury, health officials said a man in his 50s who came to a local emergency ward on March 7 has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. They says it’s the first COVID-19 case in Sudbury and Manitoulin districts.

The man had attended the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada convention in Toronto on March 2 and 3, said a statement from Public Health Sudbury and Districts. The investigation is ongoing, it noted.

“Following testing, the patient was discharged home where he remains in self-isolation, following Public Health direction. The patient has experienced cough and shortness of breath,” says the statement released Tuesday evening.

Here are the latest figures:

  • There are more than 100 people under investigation.
  • There have been 2,599 negative tests.
  • Five people have now recovered from the illness.

CBC

Redes Sociais - Comentários

Fonte
CBC

Artigos relacionados

Back to top button

DONATE NOW