CanadáBlog

Ontario sees fewer than 100 new COVID-19 cases on each of last 2 days

Nearly 90% of total confirmed case are now considered resolved, health ministry says.

Ontario has reported fewer than 100 new daily cases of COVID-19 for two straight days, the Ministry of Health said this morning. Because of the holiday long weekend, figures for both Sunday and Monday were provided at the same time.  Sunday saw 88 newly-confirmed infections of the novel coronavirus, while 91 were counted for yesterday.

Ontario sees fewer than 100 new COVID-19-ford-canada-mileniostadium
Ontario Premier Doug Ford and other ministers provide their daily COVID-19 update.

 

Toronto had the most of any single public health unit today’s update, with 22. The rest of the new cases were scattered mainly throughout southern Ontario, with most health units in the region reporting fewer than five cases.

Windsor-Essex, which learned today that it will remain in Stage 2 of the province’s reopening plan for the time being, confirmed nine additional cases.

 

Ontario sees fewer than 100 new COVID-19-graphic-canada-mileniostadium
The blue line is the five-day rolling average of new cases per day, which smooths daily spikes. The totals do not include 291 previously confirmed cases that were added to the provincial count on June 6 and 7 because of what the province calls “a lag in reporting between laboratories and public health units.” Source: Ontario Ministry of Health

 

All of the figures used in this story are found in the Ministry of Health’s daily update, which includes data from up until 4 p.m. the previous day. The number of cases for any particular region on a given day may differ from what is reported by the local public health unit, which often avoid the lag times in the provincial system.

Ontario has now seen a total of 39,628 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the outbreak began in late January. Of those, nearly 90 per cent are considered resolved.

Another 242 combined cases were marked resolved over the last two days, Health Minister Christine Elliott said in a series of tweets.

No new deaths were added to the province’s official COVID-19 death toll on Sunday, while four additional deaths were reported yesterday. The official toll now sits at 2,782. A CBC news count based on data provided by public health units puts the real toll at 2,817 as of yesterday evening.

Premier Doug Ford is scheduled to begin his daily COVID-19 briefing beginning at 1 p.m. in Beamsville. Ford’s office says he will be joined by Vic Fedeli, minister of economic development, job creation and trade.

You can watch it live in this story.

CBC/MS

Redes Sociais - Comentários

Artigos relacionados

Back to top button

DONATE NOW